Jules dort, mamie tricote
We are a mother-daughter Duo behind Jules dort, mamie tricote. We started in 2013 when my mum lost her job. She was 55 and being unemployed at this age, makes it almost impossible to find something. She always have been a gifted knitter. She started to knit blankets for stray animals because she was doubting of her skills in a way that people wouldn’t like her creations for their little onces. I gave her the confidence she needed at this time and that’s how it all started “Jules dort, Mamie tricote”
That’s me up with my crazy crew minus my lovely husband who is behind the lens our favorite messenger ! Couple of things about me that you may not have know before:
1. I am French, grew up in Alsace. Most people still think it is part of Germany. I usually just tell people Paris, when they ask where I am from LOL.
2. I feel a strong urge to make all cats my friends. I love them. Taking care of a colony of more than 20+ in our neighborhood and we have 2 cats that we rescued: Noé & Roméo.
3. I watch “The Thomas Crown Affair” more than 20 times and I will watch it again and again.
4. The number 9 is my favorite and it shows up a lot in my life.
5. I am polyglot, can speak 9 languages no just kidding but 5.
6. I met my husband after only 2 months of being in Cyprus. We have been together for almost 17 years.
7. I am not a wine addict but could drink Champagne and Sangria everyday!!!
8. My children are my life. 2 little pieces of heaven on earth.
9. My favorite quote “Motherhood is a choice you make everyday, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right things is… and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong” – Donna Ball.
If you are still here, thank you for hanging around and supporting.